Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: Atkins New Frozen Meals - Part 1

 Farmhouse-style Sausage Scramble
  I think there is a limit to how good microwaved eggs can be. It's not the fault of the manufacturer, nature just results in chewy eggs which isn't my favorite, but the veggies have a really nice flavor and for a QUICK hearty breakfast, it's a worthy alternative. It's definitely a quick option compared to chopping up all the parts here that form the whole.  So if you want QUICK breakfast I'd say go for it, but if you can cook your own, it'll be better.  I give it a 7 out of 10




Meatloaf with Portobello Mushroom Gravy
 I was hopeful for this meal option and honestly a little disappointed with the results.  I actually LOVE the veggie side on this entree, the cauliflower, zucchini and green beans are all good, but the meatloaf itself was dry, a little chewy and the gravy was too mild. For me it was pretty disappointing. The "gravy" needed a stronger flavor, I only liked the taste where it overcooked and congealed on the plate. 6 out of 10



  Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
   To be fair, this one was going to have to work hard to impress me.  I am NOT a fan of the "pot pie" but my typical issue is the crust, so I thought maybe this would be ok.  It wasn't. It reminded me of eating something while you had a cold.  It was very bland and flavorless.  I wasn't crazy about there being carrots, they are not a low-carb eater's friend and didn't add much to the meal. The "gravy" had no real flavor to it at all.  A couple pieces of the chicken were ok, and the broccoli was probably the best part, but I wouldn't buy this one again. 3 out of 10



Italian Sausage Primavera
 Ok, I have ONE word to describe this one: Superyummadelish!! I am ADDICTED to this meal, I have eaten it 4 times since I discovered it, and am seriously questioning sharing the goodness of this entree for fear you might go buy them and make it harder for me to get. I eat more spicy on low-carb and this has a bit of a bite, both in the sausage and in the sauce, but it's good, so so so good. Every last bite of it.  Veggies? Good. Meat? Good. Sauce? Good!  (But please don't buy it.)  12 out of 10






No comments:

Post a Comment