Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 8

Weight: 194.2 (Whoop-ti-do)

Feeling: Discouraged, but about much more than my weight. I feel like a wave... more like an attack... of discouragement has come over me in the last day or so.  Went for a walk yesterday and my mind got to wandering about hurtful and discouraging things, disappointments in people and circumstances and it's brought me low.  I have to fight off allowing that to become a stumbling block in my weight loss efforts. My shoulder, neck and back are feeling tweaked as well, like they're trying to go south on me.  I'm hoping it's just the process of healing continuing and just a stage.

Eating: Still playing around with foods, and probably eating more than I need to because I'm getting back into low-carb.  Staying mostly in ketosis though, so that's good.  Loving Ralph's (Kroger's) Carb Master low-carb yogurt - turning them into some yummy treats by mixing in berries, nuts, Cool Whip to mix things up a bit.

Moving: Took a long walk in Tustin yesterday while my daughter was at gymnastics.  My mind was wondering and I felt off balance and awkward through the whole thing.  My phone's tracking system didn't work so I couldn't gauge how long the walk was, but I walked, and stumbled for just over an hour around the streets of Tustin.  I did yoga stretches both before I left and when I returned home. Did some ab work with the exercise ball as well, I can feel the activity in assorted places on my body, so it must have had some effect.

Thoughts: Getting healthy and thin has to include mind, body and spirit - if any of those facets is off kilter, there will be struggle.  When I couldn't get my mind on board in February and March I struggled and eventually gave up.  My body too being hurt and weary hindered me from reaching my goals.  Now I feel like my spirit is working against me and accentuating my body issues. Fortunately my mind is determined, so the battle is on.  I haven't given up yet and I don't plan to.  Have a goal of 60 days makes it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment