Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 1 - The Rude Awakening

The last time I updated the weight scale above in February I was down to 187.2.  It was a particularly good weight in day, I considered myself really at just "under 190," which in itself was a reason to celebrate.  Over the course of my own personal "March Madness" I was erratic at best getting on the scale. 

194 didn't panic me.  It was only really about 5 lbs up - and when you're eating regularly vs low carb, "bulk can be an issue.  Just the undigested food in your tummy elevates the weight. 

I was happy as long as I stayed under 196.  Under 196 meant I had still lost over 50 lbs, a number I'm quote proud of.  When it hit 197 last week, I dismissed the "bulk" issue and again didn't painc.

This morning I stepped on the scale - today is the day that my 60 days of eating strictly low carb and moving with exercise daily, so I needed an honest evaluation of where I am starting.

GULP.

The best I can say is I was relieved to still be under 200 - that's a number after all I swore I'd never hit again.  And but by the grace of God, I am way too close. My first thought was to hide the truth - from the few of you actually following this journey. And then I remembered my commitment 47 lbs ago to be open, honest and real.  So here I am again - open, honest and real - and a little bit ashamed.

But shame has kept me from getting back on the horse in the past, and it won't this time.  I refuse to give in and let my weight keep creeping back up.  So I'm ready to take it on.

So here we are, DAY 1 - back on low carb.

Weight: 199

Feeling: Achy, sore and worn down.

Eating: I have had an individual pack of genoa and provolone (0 carbs); about a cup of Trader Joe's White Cheddar Popcorn (~6 carbs) and two waters with sugar free Hawaiian Punch singles (2 carbs).  Dinner ahead will be Taco Tuesday - 2 carnitas tacos served on lettuce wraps vs tortillas (~5 carbs).  That will put my full day carb intake at about 13 carbs... at least that's my goal!

Moving: Planning on some yoga stretching this evening and either a 20-30 minute run on the trampoline, or a long jog/ walk through my neighborhood tonight.

Smart move: today I am back to taking my daily vitamin supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment