Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 2 Update

Weight: 196.6 (2.4 lb drop is probably mostly bulk and water weight, but that means it wasn't a legitimate gain either.)

Feeling: Less tired, I didn't need a nap yesterday.  My shoulder is KILLING me, which stinks because I ran for exercise and that's going to have the least impact on the shoulder, but I will manage.

Eating: I went back to my Atkins Vanilla Fruit & Nut bar (5 carbs) for breakfast along with a water and my daily supplements. Lunch was carne asada and a salad with a couple of iced teas (<10 carbs) at my favorite restaurant.  I've had a little bit of the TJ's white cheddar popcorn (~4 carbs) and an Atkins caramel nut chew bar (2 carbs). Kids are out tonight, so I may go to the store and look for a frozen Atkins meal for dinner (4-7 carbs), or I may just snack on some cheese (<1 carb). I'm not going hard core phase one, so it may take a little time to get back in ketosis.  I won't check for another day or two.

Moving: Last night I did about 15 minutes of yoga stretching and I ran on the trampoline for 25 minutes.  Not sure what the exercise plan for todaywill be, but I know I'll do something!

Good news: Getting through yesterday without a power nap is HUGE!  Not feeling bloated and exhausted after lunch today is a nice "back to normal" after so much carbo loading during March madness.  I wish this "profound difference" would stay in my mind better.  I really do feel better when I eat low carb. So far no headaches from the carb detox - hoping it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment