Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just the facts

Not the best eating day today. My morning started with unexpected stresses and I never got my focus right, not on the Lord and not related to my eating.

It wasn't as bad a day as used to be the norm, but I wasn't intentional or focused. I had a bowl of cereal this morning and for lunch a string cheese and some peanuts and raisins (it was a bag of trail mix but I didn't eat any of the MnMs just all the raisins and a few nuts.)

I didn't snack after work, but I had a few too many chips while I chatted with friends at dinner, made an ok choice with just 2 tacos, but dropped the ball when I had two $1 scoops of ice cream at Baskin Robbins' dollar scoop night. I couldn't choose between flavors and really wanted both. I wanted them, and I willfully chose to overdo. The fact that the biggest part of my day's eating came late in the day also wasn't good, and right now I am sitting here overly full and with a little regret.

I am anticipating the regret will intensify with tomorrow's weigh in. Life is full of 2 steps forward, one step back, today probably falls under the backwards step.


Today's weight: 217.8

Today's battles: Tuesday evenings are centered around social eating.

Today's better choice: Walked to Taco Tuesday, it's about a mile and a half away and we walked very fast today.

Today's defeat: Too many tortilla chips and a second scoop of ce cream.

Today's victory: When it came time to order tacos I really wanted three but I only ordered two. Neal started to order two and then changed his order to three, I was extremely tempted to up my order too, but I resisted. I felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment