Thursday, August 2, 2012

What's Worth It

I've been moving toward changing my lifestyle for 45 days now. I'm trying to refer to it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet beca
use diets are temporary and my success with the diet mindset always has been too.

45 days in, I'm 16.something pounds down and I've lost 5 inches off my waist and 3 1/2 off my hips. I've lost inches everywhere. It's slower than I'd hoped for, but it's nothing to scoff at.

I've been working out some, but not religiously. Two years ago working out was like an idol and my focus on my physical appearance was way out of balance. So I find myself being careful but wanting to be active, balance the key.

There have been some victories, managing to participate in social functions and not partaking of the foods that are going to hinder me reaching my goals. I have to keep reminding myself the moment of indulgence isn't worth it, but when I reach my goals all the times I made a better choice will have been totally worth it.

Tonight I'm struggling with wanting something sweet. I said "no" to ice cream and my all time favorite cookies at Bunco. I have "sweet" low carb snacks that would be "ok" to eat, but I'm trying to resist to giving in because (1) I'm not actually hungry, it's a taste craving, not a hunger; and (2) it's never a good idea to eat late st night.

Granted with low carb eating it's less critical than a regular diet to monitor when you eat, but I'm trying to move toward better habits all around. It's those little things that will help me be successful in the long run. It's not satisfying now, but eventually it will be worth it. What's worth it, that's got to be the focus.

Once I get to where I want to be, I don't ever want to face down another huge opponent in the fight to lose. My opponent is shrinking, and I want that to continue til it disappears for good, because that's what's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment