Monday, December 3, 2012

Holidays

It's a hard time of year to diet, but it's also a dangerous time of year not to set clear boundaries to keep from moving backwards in your weight loss/ life change goals.

I took the week before Thanksgiving off. I let myself break away from the low-carb regimen to enjoy holiday treats, but not eating low-carb meant having to pay more attention to portion sizes and calorie counts. I'm happy to report at the end of the week/ ten days off I was at the same weight after. 

I've had trouble getting back into ketosis this last week. Even eating primarily low-carb because I didn't go all the way back to hardcore induction phase of Atkins, I never got beyond small or trace ketosis. By the weekend I was discouraged enough I splurged and had some frozen yogurt with toppings at the movies yesterday.

Now the decision is do I try to get back on track tomorrow (because I made a yummy stew tonight) and do low-carb for three weeks till Christmas, or do I try to lose weight the old-fashioned way, eating less and moving more.  I did still manage to lose weight last week, so it might be a legitimate option.

It's encouraging to be moving the right direction on the scale even with more freedom in my eating because it gives me hope for real maintenance when I eventually reach my goal. Food is finally taking it's proper place in my life with God's help.

I'm trusting God will help me make the right choices to keep the scale dropping this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment