Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Low Carb Fudge

Ok, so the title is a little mean because this post isn't about tasty fudge, but "fudging" to get something tasty.

A huge part of maintaining the low carb lifestyle is finding ways to satisfy high carb cravings without the carbs. It isn't easy, and may not be as good as the real deal, but you can find yummy alternatives.

Tonight I share one of my fudging techniques on a favorite high carb meal.

I love a hefty bowl full of cinnamon Life cereal with fresh raspberries and ice cold milk. The raspberries are ok on the low carb lifestyle but the milk and cereal are big no-no's. So what's a low carb eater to do?

I bought an individual Carb Master (Ralph's/Kroger brand) vanilla low carb yogurt, I cut up 5-6 raspberries in small pieces and mixed them together. Then I took 3-4 PIECES of Cinnamon Life cereal and crumbled it on top. It's enough for the flavor with very minimal carbs.

That's a great key to low carb eating, just enough for the taste! Make every carb worth it!! (Sorry if the pic is sideways, the challenge of blogging from one's phone.)


No comments:

Post a Comment