Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Low Carb Favorite

OK, today I am going to share with you one of my FAVORITE low carb tools/ treats. Are you ready?  Drumroll please....


Now let me elaborate, I am NOT a bread person.  Bread is quite possibly one of the easiest things me to give up.  But then I discovered this little gem! 

First thing I want to direct you to is the serving size.  Most bread considers 1 slice to be a "serving" (though if the world settled for half sandwiches perhaps we'd all be thinner.) This offers both a single slice or double slice serving.  And 2 slices is only 90 calories and more importantly 14 "net" carbs.  That is amazing!

This bread, on top of it's great numbers, has great texture and flavor.  When I shared it with my dad (who is diabetic) he breathed it in and said "it smells like real bread."  This comes from a history of low carb breads that are dry, flavorless and quick to spoil.  This bread has NONE of those challenges! 

Today I had a sandwich for lunch, I added turkey (no carbs); swiss cheese (<1 carb) with mayonaise, and mustard (no carbs) and a slice of tomato (negligible) and HALF an avocado (about 2.5 "net" carbs).  It was delicious!  And it totaled less than 18 carbs, not bad for a meal in the ongoing weight loss phase!

I also love grabbing a slice of this bread and putting a couple spoonfuls of Trader Joe's chicken salad (3 carbs) and folding it like a taco.  It's a great quick snack and in that case only has about 10 carbs. 

This bread has been a real godsend to me. I've actually started buying it for the whole family because it has considerably less sugar and calories for the non-carb counting family members.  This bread is amazing and I give it my highest recommendation for helping to maintain a low-carb lifestyle, it's delightful!  Hey, maybe that's where they got the name!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment