Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Surrender

I started the Atkins diet back up yesterday. I have avoided doing for many months, and many more pounds. In my mind, it's a defeat. It's like coming to the point of admitting I don't have what it takes to get the weight off any other way. It feels like surrender.

But almost 48 hours in, I already feel significantly better. Lighter. It's not weight loss  it's just my body feels less weighed down.

The truth is, Atkins works for me. I have issues physiologically speaking that avoiding carbs and sugar make better.  I know there are a thousand naysayers who are anti Atkins but results don't lie.

Sunday, my last carb day I loaded up on potatoes, bbq beans, and brownie ice cream sundaes. When we got into the pool, I felt awful, not just fat but thick. If you don't know that feeling, it's hard to explain, but if you do, you can feel my pain.

When I eat low-carb/no carb, I lose that feeling. Granted, I have a lot... A LOT of weight to lose, but when I cut the carbs and sugars, I actually feel like maybe there is hope that I can get the weight off. I have the strength to move and get off the couch.

It's not easy, but maybe it's not surrender (or failure) after all. Maybe it's just recognizing that sometimes what we want doesn't line up with what actually is. The important thing is moving toward the change I desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment