Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 10

I've been "low-carbing" it for ten days. On day 6 I was down 7lbs, but I haven't dropped anymore since. But I can comfortably wear a pair of pants that had gotten pretty tight. That's the thing about Atkins and other low-carb diets, you lose inches faster than pounds.

I took (very large) body measurements on Saturday, I'll monitor those too for better encouragement. The best part about the ketosis response to cutting carbs is that I can pee on a little "stick" and be encouraged. I know if it turns any shade of pink or purple, my body is burning fat. The darker the better of course, but I'm staying mostly in the middle of the scale, but that's consistent fat burning, so I'll take it.

I'm trying to stay under 20 carbs a day, which is a challenge, but not impossible. The good thing about low-carb is you can find something to eat almost anywhere.

I'm happy to say that the Atkins meal bars have improved a lot. The Atkins treats are good too, but I have to limit my intake. The excess sugar alcohol does funny things to a tummy.

Three things that are really helping me are:
(1) a favorite snack - Trader Joe's bruschetta. A couple tablespoons with a piece or two of string cheese cut up in it.

(2) a simple dessert - sugar free jell-o  the classic brand or even a store brand with a spoonful of Cool Whip on top. (It has to be Cool Whip, whip cream has more carbs.)

(3) a yummy recipe - chicken legs and thighs marinated in italian dressing for a couple hours, then dipped in dry parmesan/romano cheese (the kind on the can used on spaghetti). Bake it in the oven at 375 for an hour -delish! I'm sure you could use breasts, but I'm a dark meat girl. They might need to cook longer unless you split them.

These are just a few of my thoughts. Check back, I'll be sharing more tips and progress reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment