Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sorry Victory

Been doing pretty well the last few days. It feels a little like food has lost its grip. It's a good feeling. Feeling hunger a lot more often. It's a sad victory, but a victory just the same.

My devotional from last night, Jesus Lives by Sarah Young, really spoke to me last night. It said, I know you often feel incomplete, as if some vital part of you is missing. When this is just a feeling, not a conscious thought, you respond in many unproductive ways: comforting yourself with food, seeking entertainment, searchingfor yourself in the mirror, and so on. All the while I (God) am waiting for you to remember Me.

I think that's been the difference this last week, I have been remembering who my God is. I am remembering what it means to belong to Him, and to walk in the victory He has given me.

Of course I know that isn't the whole recipe for success. Wednesday is the first, and in honor of the new month I'm going to break my pedometer back out and revive my goal for 10,000 steps a day. It's the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment